Followers

Monday 28 April 2014

Showers and flowers!

Good morning blogworld,

Monday morning is upon us again - so it's time for a new challenge over at The Cutie Pies and, for this challenge, the theme is April showers bring May flowers. So really the choice is yours - it's either go for something rain related or flower related - or, if you are feeling brave, both!

But what you really must remember is that there has to be some element of cuteness to your entry - cute being something (whether it's stamped, decoupaged, a pre-printed image or sticker - whatever it is that you use in your crafting) that makes you go 'ahhhh'.

You should pop on over to the challenge, there are heaps of 'awww' and 'ahhhh' from my Teamies there ;-)

We've definitely been having the showers here in rural Lincolnshire - and it may not be bringing the flowers but the weeds have grown quite a bit!  I can see hubby being busy in the garden very soon!

We have a fab sponsor this time in Crafty Ribbons, who is offering a £10 voucher for the lucky winner.

http://www.craftyribbons.com/

I wasn't sure whether to go with flowers or showers - so I went with both!  Though admittedly more showers than flowers, and another very simple card.  It's made with scraps that I had on my desk from a previous project.

And, without further ado, here is me card:

Front shot:


Close up of the glittery rain - it looks much better in real life!


I used:

Digi image:
All Dressed Up - A Time to Share
coloured with my Copics
Stamped ribbon along the bottom is a very old stamp that doesn't have who it's by on it.

Dies:
Memory Box - cloud

Papers:
K&Co - Bailey

Anything else?
Stickles glitter glue
Prima flower
pearls from my stuff

And that's about it folks.  I'm hoping that, as this week is a proper full week back at school for SWMbO, I can get some semblance of order back in my life and get back to commenting on all your lovely blogs.  It would also be good if I could get back to my exercise class - two weeks without and I'm putting weight back on - blehh!!

See you soon,

Sarah

A challenge, or two:

Crafting at the weekend: Challenge 1 - Anything Goes

My Time to Craft: April Showers

Fairy tale challenge blog: Cute


13 comments:

Sarah said...

Love it Sarah and fab colouring too!! xx

Jane Savage said...

Beautiful, Sarah. Fab colour combo and I love the glittery rain! xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh WOW Sarah your colouring is amazing, Love it, Hope you are catching up now that the schools are back, Thanks for playing on My Time to Craft too, Love Hazelxx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Sarah this is beautiful just love the colour combo and all that glitter, it looked like our rain was glittering this afternoon but it was actually a hail storm. Love Alison xx

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card Sara.
Sue x

Mrs A. said...

Awh. Cute as cute can be. Gorgeous colouring. hugs Mrs A.

Vicky said...

Gorgeous hun....:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

susiestacey said...

Stunning card Sarah - love it x Susan x

Wishcraft said...

A fabulously fresh and clean design, love that cute image and your lovely colouring... Gorgeous card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

PS. yes, we were at Skeggy... had a great time! Aren't you lucky being so close?! x

scrappymo! said...

Your colouring is superb. I love that hair especially. I am hopeless at colouring...just can't seem to see the hilights and lowlights!

This is a really sweet card.

coops said...

so stunning sarah.really gorgeous image and i love your fresh design and colours ;D

xx coops xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous creation, love your colouring & the CAS feel to it.

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Hannapanna said...

This is adorable. Love the cute image and the colours. Thanks for joining our Cute only challenge over at Fairy Tale Challenges and good luck. Hugs, Hanna (GDT)