Followers

Thursday 18 April 2013

The story continues

Hello blogworld

Long time no see, again and it's going to be even longer in between posts for quite a while.

Guess what happened today? We got our planning permission for our extension - whey hey!  Since last I mentioned planning things have changed quite a bit so I will update you.

You may, or may not depends on how interested you are in my waffle (and I forgive you if you are not interested in which case you will probably want to just leave now), recall that the last offer I had was raising the roof of the office, adding rooflights and the room becoming a kitchen.

My how things have moved on!  Final offer, which was accepted, was to add an extra floor to the single story building currently where the 'office' is thus creating a new room upstairs.  This new room is referred to in planning as bed 3 - in reality it will be hubby's hobby room.  He's into model trains and railwayana (and no I'd never heard of that until I met him either!).

So as of next week hubby is beginning the long process of moving out of 'the office' and into 'the craft room' seriously cramping my style.  Then in a couple of weeks time building work starts.

This is what we have now, from the outside:


The single storey will become a two storey and the new room will be in there. To get to this new room there will be a door in the outside wall of the current bed 3.  Current bed 3 will then be knocked down, the bathroom extended into where the bedroom was and what was left of the bedroom will become a large hallway - anyone having difficulty following?  I hope not!

When all the work is finished the outside will be rendered to get rid of those horrible blocked in doors.

I think I might even be able to show you the plans - let's see.

Yes, here you go - the now:


The after:



Of course all this means that I get a new kitchen, bathroom and craft room.  Hubby gets an office, with a door he can shut - this means a lot to him it would appear - and a large (20ft x 12ft) hobby room.

What we both get is chaos!  So I'm not going to be around much for quite sometime.

Will you abandon me?  I do hope not - but I will forgive you if you do!  If you don't abandon me I can only promise the occasional card and a lot of building waffle, which I will try to keep entertaining!

Oh and lots, and lots, and lots of photos!!!!

So that's my news - oh and I got a new car!  Well new to me anyway - my poor old faithful finally gave up the fight in the last week of school and over the holidays I took delivery of a 59 plate Vauxhall Corsa - very smart she is too.  SHMbO has been banned from even touching it - not much hardship there, to begin with she hated it!!!

So I will be back when I can, but I won't promise when.

Hope everyone out in blogland is keeping well and feeling crafty.

Sarah

15 comments:

Pink Dandelion said...

Ooh sounds like a great plan. It will be all worth it in the end. I remember when we had our double side extension built, there was a lot of upheavel. Hubby now wants us to have a kitchen extension but I can't see the point, we managed with the small kitchen for 27 years with 2 kids and now 'the kids' have moved out why do we need a big kitchen. Hope all goes well and look forward to seeing the after pics. Take care Debs xx

Janice said...

Very exciting! Almost a new house then but without the move! I look forward to the updates! Jx

Unknown said...

Oooooh how exciting hun!! I hope it all goes as smoothly as it can do and that you'll be back soon! :)
Lizy xx

Judith said...

OOO won't you have fun! - such a stressful time but it will be worth it in the end, look forward to your dramas - builders are particularly good at dramas lol hugs judith x

Kathleen said...

Sounds like lots of hard work but with a fabby outcome! Wishing you all the luck that it all goes without too much trouble. Been missing your 'waffle' lol
Lots of love and hugs
Kat x

Berry said...

Well I don't mind your waffle one bit! It all looks great what fab plans. Yes it will be messy and crazy for a while so good luck with that but it will be fab in the end. Hope you have a refreshed mojo and peace once it's all finished! Hugs Rebekah xx

scrappymo! said...

I will be patietly waiting for the photos of the remodel...what fun!

We did a remodel on our house when we bought. We moved into one bedroom and bathroom and stored everything we owned in the garage!!! It was stressfull, ended up going over budget (it is so hard not to want to do even more than originally planned,,,teehee), and was worth every penny once done!

You will be so happy to have it done and be relaxing in your new rooms sooner than you can imagine...

Will come back tonight and catch up on posts I have missed...I am still struggling to keep up:(
It is gardening season which takes up a lot of my time and soon will be RV season...DH is up at the lake right now, getting the lot ready for humans! There is always a lot of cleanup after a hard winter.

Congratulations on your approvals for your extensions!

Christine L said...

Blimey it all sounds complicated... but I think I followed it all!

Hope it goes well... and yes, we'll still be here when you get back... don't worry!

Hugs
Christine x

coops said...

oooooo its sounds like you are gong to be really busy for a few months sarah but it will be worth it.your plans look fab :D

xx coops xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Oooooh Sarah sounds as though the next few months are going to be a bit hectic but I am sure it will all be worth it in the end. Congrats on the new car. Look forward to the pics of the work in progress. Love Alison xx

Unknown said...

Wow it's gonna be amazing - must be exciting to be getting going on it - can't wait to see pics x x Have a lovely weekend hun x x

Julie C. said...

Good luck with all the work! Sounds like a huge job. I'll be still here waiting for your photos and more waffles!! Hee hee! ^_^

Anonymous said...

Ooh, how exciting, hope everything goes well, will miss your waffle, lol!
Helen x

catherine said...

Well at least things look to be starting to move on with your plans now. They are just about on Mon to start the renovations on our house and hopefully we should be ready to move mid June!!

Keep popping back and telling us your news
x catherine

Kim said...

Wow Sarah so many changes for you! Good luck as I know remodeling means chaos haha, but looks like it will be worth it in the end. Keep us posted!