Followers

Sunday 22 April 2012

Morning, morning

Good morning blogworld,

Looks like I'm still out of routine, but in a better way than when I wasn't posting at all.  This time I'm here rather early on Sunday morning - it is such fun having Emily, I've seen hours of the day that I've never seen before!  Oh, other than when I was younger and would go out partying all night and then go to bed in the early hours - what fun that was.

Still at least she goes to bed early and we get our evenings to ourselves, must admit (as much as I complain - and boy can I complain!) I think I prefer it that way.  It is good for school as well, I don't have to be in there turfing her out of bed, as she's awake and cheerful from 6 (or before) pretty much every morning!

There now I've waffled on for ages again, now for the card.  I'm amazed at how quickly this card came together, I'd been trying to find time for a few days to join in with Pollycrafts challenge and was starting to think I'd miss it - so I gave myself an hour last night.  I'd thought that if I didn't manage it - that would be that, I'd miss it again this week.  I got this done in just over the hour - and I don't think it's too shabby even if I do say so myself.

Let's see what you think!

Front shot:

Detail of image:

Trying to show the 3d gloss:

I used:
Image:
Tortoise hugs - coloured with my Promarkers.  I also used 3d gloss for highlights.

Papers:
Dream Street Papers: Clubhouse - Stripe (stripes)
My Mind's Eye: Ooh La La "Soiree" (pattern)

Others:
Martha Stewart punch
Buttons and string from my stuff
Craftwork cards: card blank and sentiment

Hope, whatever you are doing, you are having  a good weekend.

See you soon,

Sarah

A challenge, or two:

Pollycraft Monday Challenge: Challenge #136 - Cute critters

Sketch Saturday: Week #204

CES Challenge Blog: Challenge #82 - Button it!

Totally Paper Crafts: all buttoned up

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a sweet image Sarah, love it!
Helen x

Christine L said...

Fabulous card Sarah.... so love that cute image and your colouring and layout are perfect!

I remember those days well of getting up early... although my youngest daughter would have slept through to midday if I'd have let her!!

Hugs
Christine x

Always with a Sentiment said...

Ahhh, how cute and what a fab image. Love your colours and paper and the design highlights your image perfectly.
Love Sandra xxx

Catherine said...

Really cute little card with a fun image....

catherine said...

super card Sarah and love the image. I have one very early riser, one at a normal hour and one that won't budge even if there was an earthquake!!
x catherine

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Sarah, love the fabulous image and super colours and papers.xxx

Wishcraft said...

Fab card Sarah :o) Love that cute image and great papers too.

Our two like their sleep, we've been lucky not to have too many early starts. But Morgan will be 10 this year and I know we'll be losing some of our quiet evening time as he gets older... slightly dreading this, as much as I love my boys I do look forward to a few hrs of peace in the evenings! Hugs, Lisa x

Jayne A said...

Fabulous card Sarah. Love the cute tortoise.

Hugs
Jayne
x

Karen Petitt said...

What a cute image Sarah, beautifully coloured and love the glossy touches too hugs Karen x

Rebecca said...

Hi Sarah, i love your card, that image is so cute.
Love from Rebecca xx

Mary Brockway said...

Such a sweet card, Sarah!! Love!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Xx

Wendy Fraser said...

Such a fun card and great use of that tricky sketch xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Gorgeous card and such a cute image love it, I wish I could be wide awake and cheerful by 6am lol it only ever seems to happen for me when I actually want to lay in hehe
Lindsay xx

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card Sarah, love the cute image and fab layout.
Our Ben always gets up too around 6am,whatever time he gets to bed the night before.
Wendy xx

coops said...

gorgeous card sarah.i love the fab image and your backing paper is lush.
yes i have one whos likes to wake early too.lol

xx coops xx

Sue B said...

Wow! this is gorgeous Sarah! what a wonderful sweet image and you've coloured it so beautifully! The papers are just perfect and I love the layout and embellies - it's a really stunning card!
Glad you are on the mend now!
Big Hugs!
Sue xx

Hazel said...

Hi Sarah

Beautiful card - love the image and the colours and the layout is just fab too.

Be back to see you soon

Toodle Pip

Hazel x

Berry said...

Lol those were the days Sarah I remember rolling in when everyone was off to work! I also have early risers but unfortunately for me the girls are at an age where they stay up a bit now too! I guess it's ok as long as we aren't subjected to kiddie cartoons all evening!
Your card is really cute with a fun image!
Hugs Rebekah xx

Kim said...

Beautiful Sarah, your coloring is great!
Enjoy your daughters schedule, it is the best thing knowing your child is tucked in at night. I am going to bed some nights and my daughter is going out haha.

Oak Pond SC said...

Love this image! Great coloring and design too. Thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts Challenge this week and good luck! <3

Unknown said...

How super ,what a fun and happy card I love it Hugs Elaine

judit said...

Beautiful card, love the image and the colouring! judit x

Rachel said...

I love this card, that image is sooooo cute! Wedgie xxx

Kathleen said...

Hi Sarah, gosh it feels like forever since I was on blogger! Finally feeling better thank goodness!
Fabby card! The image is sooooo cute, I love love love it. Brilliant colouring too! Im of to create now I have done nothing for about a week!
Love and hugs
Kat xx

Donna Mosley said...

This is so gorgeous Sarah, love the very cute image. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.

Donna x