Followers

Wednesday 21 September 2011

Divas by Design - Challenge 11: A sketch

Good morning blogland

Can you believe it another fortnight has passed and it's time for a new challenge over at Divas by Design!

This time it's a sketch, now have I mentioned before that I love sketches?! No, well I will let you into a little secret - I LOVE sketches!  A long time ago I didn't love sketches - but then I was looking at my cards one time and realised that, on the whole, I was doing the same layout pretty much every time.  Now I'm not the most artistic of people and thought, what can I do to make my cards look different occasionally and I re-discovered sketches - I saw the error of my ways and was hooked.

Our sponsor this time is StitchyBear Digital Stamps and, my word, they have a huge array of digi stamps.  Something for everyone and they have very kindly provided some images for the Design Team to work with.
So this time the challenge is just up my street - altho you might have difficulty actually spotting the sketch in my card!  So here is the sketch:


And here is the card, front view:


Detail shot on the image:


Details of card:

StitchyBear Digi Stamp - Who me, coloured with my Prisma Pencils and a bit of Glamour Dust on her wings (well fairies have to be glittery, don't they?)
The papers are all Prima - Sparkling Spring collection paper  pad.
The image has been die-cut with nesties.
The flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts
The bit of fluff is off a ball of wool which I got from a local shop - £1.50 for a huge ball!!
Card blank and sentiment from Craftwork Cards

So please pop over to the challenge blog, it's a lovely place and the other DT members are such brilliant creative girlies - you will be amazed at what they produce.

Cheerio for now

Sarah

Found a challenge to enter the card into:

Crafty Creations Challenges - #136 Fabulous Fairies

16 comments:

Emma said...

A beautiful card Sarah, gorgeous image and colours.
Hugs Emma x

Doreen said...

Sich a pretty card Sarah.xxx

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Sarah! I love sketches too! In fact I think they make me lazy cos I always seem to use them lol!
Lizy x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

OH wow this is juts gorgeous! Love the soft colours!
Hugs Shell xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

OH wow this is juts gorgeous! Love the soft colours!
Hugs Shell xx

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card Sarah,sweet image and such pretty colours.
Wendy xx

Berry said...

This is just fab Sarah the colouring is stunning and I can see the sketch more in your card than mine lol (due to my excessive embellies yet again lol!) Hugs Rebekah xx

Christine L said...

Very delicate and pretty card!
Hugs
Christine x

Vicky said...

Wow Sarah...what a beautiful image and delicate colours hun...just so gorgeous sweetie...

big hugs Vicky xx

Faye said...

Oh Sarah, this is sooooo pretty. It has a lovely soft feel to it and your colouring on this is super. xxx

coops said...

fabulous card sarah.your colours and details are beautiful and the image is gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Brenda Brown said...

So cool. Love it Sarah.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Anita said...

Sarah, this is beautiful. Your coloring looks so pretty and I love the soft colors you used.

Anonymous said...

So pretty!! Lovely fairy image and gorgeous details! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge with us! Hope you'll join us again!
smiles,Deena

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Lovely shading on the fairy, especially the petal dress, and great use of embellishments!

Unknown said...

What a lovely card with such soft colours hon x