Followers

Thursday 19 May 2011

Little Claires, Challenge 7 - sparkle

Hello all

Firstly can I say hello and a very big thank you to all you wonderful people out there who have decided that my meanderings and sometimes not very good cards are worth following.  I'm very flattered that so many of you decided to follow boring old me, just hope I don't disappoint!

Well I am getting a bit more regular with my postings aren't I?  Don't get your hopes up though it could all change again!  Just now things are quieter, little one has started going to nursery for two full days, getting her ready for starting school in September (she got into the school that her nursery is attached to by the way, :-) ) as well as her regular morning sessions so I have two full days to do what I like.  Which generally does not include housework!  We also don't have many bookings for the holiday cottage at the moment, so that takes some pressure off me, tho not such good news for the old wages coming in.

I'm blathering on here, and I'm not really sure how many people actually want to read all my meanderings, so I think what I will do in future is put the card details up first and if anyone wants to read the rambles of a getting towards middle age slightly dippy woman, you can do so after the important card stuff!

So I'll do that card stuff now.

This is my entry for Little Claire's challenge, which is sparkle this time.  I haven't gone overboard on the sparkle but kept it subtle.  Maybe some of the LiM style is starting to rub off on my general cardmarking?  I don't know, but the sparkle is there even if understated.

So this is the main pic.

 Some detail shots, in case you can't see the glitter (which is on her bags, earrings, T-shirt and belt buckle) and patterned paper:

 On the embellishments:
 On the sentiment:

The card details are:  Little Claire freebie digi stamp: Lydia goes shopping - coloured with Prisma pencils and glitter.  The paper is from DCWV Glitter Stack, embellishments are K&Co (I think, my habit of chucking packaging again!) and ribbon from stuff.

So my meanderings.  We went swimming today and Sarah being Sarah forgot to take little one's armbands so for the first time ever she went in the pool minus any flotation device.  I thought at first that she would refuse to go in, but we'd gone with her best friend and his mum so she couldn't miss that!  We asked one of the lifeguards if we could borrow a float and got one of those stick things and a square float.  Am so proud of her, she managed to swim with just them - in the leisure and main pool!  Or big girl pool as it's known in our house!  There was a moment of panic just before we left as she tried to drown herself, but she is a brave girl and got over it very quickly.  Was more annoyed at her best friend for laughing at her!

Her reward?  A glass of milk and large slice of chocolate cake in the cafe afterwards.  What a life, eh?

Maybe more cards tomorrow, maybe next week - but probably nothing at the weekend.

Cheerio all

Sarah

7 comments:

Anita said...

Sarah, this is so pretty. The image is colored beautifully and I love your little touches of sparkle.

nessy said...

what a pretty card ~love the colours and such a sweet image!!
vanessa xx

debby4000 said...

Adorable gorgeous card Sarah
luv
debby

coops said...

gorgeous card sarah.the image is fab and i love your pretty papers and sparkle :D

xx coops xx

Georgina said...

A great card. Lovely glittery flower embelishments. You have used pretty colours and patterned papers.

Thank you for joining Little Claire's blog challenge again and for using a Little Claire's stamp.

Louise said...

This is a gorgeous card - I love the papers and your colouring is fab!
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Little Claire's x

Toulouse said...

Congrats on winning the Little Claire challenge, I love that stamp, my daughter is called Lydia :-)